Are you seeking a wonderful place to work? An fun work culture where you can be your best? A place to grow your career? Waterfront living?
The Grey Havens Inn on the coast of Maine has much to offer you!
The highly regarded BLUE restaurant at Grey Havens Inn is seeking a rounds cook for the 2022 season, May to October. This is an excellent opportunity to work in the fine dining space, in a beautiful kitchen and location, with a dedicated crew. The position reports to our deeply experienced chef, Esau Crosby, and offers you a terrific working environment without drama. You’ll have the opportunity to work across stations and learn from the best. We are seeking a team member interested in growing their career with us.
We are located on the oceanfront and are located just a few minutes from Reid State Park. Visit our website, Greyhavens.com to learn more about us and see images.
This position is for Wednesday through Sunday in high season and Thursday through Sunday in low season (May & October). Free, onsite shared housing is available.
The Rounds Cook will be responsible for all aspects of food preparation and execution, including a final presentation for delivery to guests. The line cook is expected to skillfully apply culinary techniques including basic knife skills and demonstrate a working knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Food preparation tasks as assigned, including vegetable preparation, vinaigrettes, and salads, stocks, and other basic tasks, as well as meat fabrication, sauce making, and other advanced techniques
- A central role in the production of finished dishes during service periods
- Able to take direction, and to follow recipes
- Work in a supervised environment
- Works at a steady pace, with a service orientation and the ability to quicken pace as required
- Cleaning work area and kitchen during and at the end of shift
- Assisting with receiving deliveries to the kitchen
- Knows how to work in a team environment.
- Tasting food for quality assurance
- To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance is required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Culinary experience preferred
- Good knife skills mandatory
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instruction is a must
- Baking or pastry experience a definite plus
- Professional kitchen
- Oceanfront location on beautiful Georgetown Island
- Free onsite, shared housing
Please send your resume, cover letter, and references for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Position posted 12/17/21 and is open until filled.