We’re hiring for the 2024 season and beyond!
Are you seeking a wonderful place to work? A place to grow your career? The Grey Havens Inn on the coast of Maine has much to offer you!
The highly regarded BLUE restaurant at Grey Havens Inn is seeking a rounds cook for the 2024 season, May to October. This is an excellent opportunity to work in the fine dining space, in a beautiful kitchen and location, with a dedicated crew. The position reports to our deeply experienced chef, Esau Crosby, and offers you a terrific working environment. You’ll have the opportunity to work across stations and learn from the best. For the right candidate, this position can become year-round with our organization.
We are located on the oceanfront and are located just a few minutes from Reid State Park. Visit our website, Greyhavens.com to learn more about us and see images.
• 5 day work week (Wed-Sun)
• Up to $30/hour based on experience
• Free, onsite, shared housing available if needed
• Season completion bonus $$
The Rounds Cook will be responsible for all aspects of food preparation and execution, including a final presentation for delivery to guests. The cook is expected to skillfully apply culinary techniques including basic knife skills and demonstrate a working knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Food preparation tasks as assigned, including vegetable preparation, vinaigrettes, and salads, stocks, and other basic tasks, as well as meat fabrication, sauce making, and other advanced techniques
- A central role in the production of finished dishes during service periods
- Able to take direction, and to follow recipes
- Work in a supervised environment
- Cleaning work area and kitchen during and at the end of shift
- Assisting with receiving deliveries to the kitchen
- Tasting food for quality assurance
- To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance is required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Culinary experience in a commercial kitchen preferred but not required
- Good knife skills mandatory
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instruction is a must
- Baking or pastry experience a definite plus
Please send your cover letter to us: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Position posted 2/1/2024 and is open until filled.