We’re hiring a cook and dishwashers for the 2023 season!
The highly regarded BLUE restaurant at Grey Havens Inn is seeking a rounds cook for the 2023 season, May to October. You’ll prep and cook for dinner service and events. This is an excellent opportunity to work in the fine dining space at our 40 seat restaurant, in a beautiful location, with a dedicated team. The position reports to our deeply experienced chef, Esau Crosby, and offers you a terrific working environment.
We are located on the oceanfront and are located just a few minutes from Reid State Park. Visit our website, www.Greyhavens.comto learn more about us!
- 5 day work week (Wed-Sun)
- Up to $25/hour
- Free, onsite, shared housing available if needed
- Season completion bonus $$
The Rounds Cook will be responsible for all aspects of food preparation and execution, including a final presentation for delivery to guests. The cook is expected to skillfully apply culinary techniques including basic knife skills and demonstrate a working knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Food preparation tasks as assigned, including vegetable preparation, vinaigrettes, and salads, stocks, and other basic tasks, as well as meat fabrication, sauce making, and other advanced techniques
- A central role in the production of finished dishes during service periods
- Able to take direction, and to follow recipes
- Work in a supervised environment
- Cleaning work area and kitchen during and at the end of shift
- Assisting with receiving deliveries to the kitchen
- Tasting food for quality assurance
- To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance is required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Culinary experience preferred but not required
- Good knife skills mandatory
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instruction is a must
- Baking or pastry experience a definite plus
Please send your resume and brief cover letter for consideration to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Looking for sudsy fun? We are hiring 1 or more dishwashers for our summer season (May 11 – end October). We are open for dinner and weekend events, shift is generally about 4 hours. $15 per hour with season completion bonus, free shift drink, and fun coworkers! Great, easy work for a HS student, retiree, anyone looking for a small gig or a regular part time role (preferred)… Come join us! Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Positions posted 2/1/2023 and is open until filled.