With hundreds of miles of shoreline and breathtaking scenery, the Coast of Maine has beauty unmatched by other destinations. All four seasons are celebrated in Coastal Maine, meaning any time is a great time to visit. Each season brings its own unique appeal, weather, and wonderful events. We’re sharing some of the top annual events in the MidCoast near Georgetown in our open season and the winter below – these are guaranteed to deliver a great experience that you’ll take home with you. Take a look and begin planning your perfect trip.
As you research annual events near Georgetown, Maine, be sure to take a look at our complimentary Vacation Guide. In addition to the events below, you’ll also find many activities and attractions along the Maine Coast including restaurants, shops, and entertainment. Once you’ve targeted your timeframe, this handy local event calendar will help you fill out your vacation with live music and more events, including cooking and crafting activities.
Top 16 Annual Events Near Georgetown, Maine
Summer is undeniably the most popular season on the Maine Coast. With beautiful, sunny weather, sandy beaches, and plenty of fun events, Georgetown is an unbeatable summer vacation destination to place you strategically near all the fun. The season is packed with fun events, music, home and garden tours, and arts festivals. Here are our favorite events near Georgetown to enjoy throughout summertime:
- Windjammer Days, Boothbay Harbor (June) – a celebration of treasured, historic, wooden ships, featuring fleet parades, on-ship tours, music, food, children’s events, parade, and fireworks
- Bath Heritage Days, Bath (June & July) – a great, big, small town celebration, including lots of live music, Maine’s largest parade, tons of great food, a midway, and excellent fireworks for the 4th.
- Yarmouth Clam Festival, Yarmouth (July) – a celebration of all things CLAM! One of the great Maine festivals, this event is volunteer- raises funds for local nonprofits. A parade, juried art show, yard sales, carnival and the epic food (so many clams in so many styles!) are on tap.
- Home & Garden Tours – get a peek inside private historic homes and tours in our local towns
- Wiscasset Homes on Tour (July)
- Brunswick in Bloom Garden Tour (July)
- Boothbay Home & Garden Tour (July)
- Bath Historic House & Garden Tour (August)
- Maine Lobster Festival, Rockland (August) – Lobster, lobster, lobster, plus arts, music, and more at this classic Maine festival
- Bowdoin International Music Festival, Brunswick (late June to early August) – the Festival showcases exceptional student with world-class performances. Guest artist faculty and student performances, lectures, and community events. Not to be missed classical music lovers!
- Topsham Fair, Topsham (August) – Going for over 160 years strong, this is a large traditional Maine state fair, with 4H events, harness racing, demolition derbies, ox & horse pulling, a midway, music, food, and more.
Fall is a favorite season of the locals due to less crowds, spectacular changing colors, and fabulous festivals. As the weather becomes cooler and the nights grow longer, celebrate the cozy season with trips to the farmer’s market in Bath and Brunswick or at a food festival in the area. Here are some of the best Autumn events in the area:
- Common Ground Fair, Unity (September)
- Freeport Fall Festival, Freeport (October)
- Harvest on the Harbor, Portland (October)
Winter by the sea is an unforgettable experience. Sparkling snow covers the beaches, providing a stunning and peaceful scenery. The Maine Coast is the perfect place to get excited for the holiday season and enjoy festive celebrations. In February, visitors are drawn to the area to experience the Camden Snow Bowl, one of the few places in the country where alpine skiing meets ocean views. Whether you’re visiting before or after the holidays, these events are sure to bring you joy:
- An Old-Fashioned Christmas in Bath, Bath (December)
- Boothbay Lights, Boothbay Harbor (November & December)
- Gardens Aglow, Boothbay Botanical Gardens Holiday Lights (December) – one of the best in the USA
- Christmas By the Sea, Camden (December)
- Camden Snow Bowl, Camden (February) – Toboggan championships and more!
Where to Stay
If you’re looking for the best place to stay while attending one of the annual events near Georgetown, Maine, look no further than Grey Havens Inn. Our Maine waterfront hotel features panoramic ocean views, spacious guest rooms, and an award-winning onsite restaurant. Enjoy all of this while being just minutes away from the best Coastal Maine activities and attractions.
Check the availability of our accommodations during the event you’d wish to attend and book your stay today. We look forward to hosting you for an unforgettable Maine Coast getaway.