The Grey Havens Inn is committed to doing what is economically feasible to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities.
Building information and accessibility aspects of note:
- This historic inn was constructed in 1904 and its architecture and structural design are highlights of the building but may provide some restriction to certain guests depending on physical abilities.
- All guest accessible main areas of the Inn have doors 30 inches or greater in width, however certain features of the original building may provide complications for wheelchair access. Our staff will do our best to communicate accessibility specifics when details are requested so please do not hesitate to call and ask if clarification is needed.
- Entrance to the Inn is from the front porch which has 1 step up into the main foyer. Assistance is happily offered if needed.
- All guest rooms are located on the second and third floors and are accessible only by stairs; there is no elevator access possible due to the historic significance and architecture of our c.1904 building. Due to the Inn’s historic significance, our rooms have not been retrofitted to accommodate persons with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Removing this architectural barrier to our guest rooms is not readily achievable and would require destroying the historic architecture of the facility and an unbearable expense for the business.
- Our restaurant, BLUE, has a slightly raised floorboard at the entrance.
- Service animals are permitted on our property at no additional cost. If any damages occur from the service animal, the guest will be financially responsible for those damages. A service animal is an ADA-defined animal that provides enumerated services to the guest, including guiding the blind and hearing impaired, pulling wheelchairs, providing seizure alerts, and calming a person with Post Traumatic Disorder. General emotional support and comfort animals are not permitted.
Our commitment to accessibility is ongoing. Should you have any questions regarding accessibility and/or ADA compliance at the Grey Havens Inn, please contact us at the following:
Phone: (207) 371-2616