The Maine Lobster Festival is a beloved summer tradition. Every year, this five-day festival celebrates all the things we love about Midcoast Maine. If you have yet to attend, then mark your calendar for July and August 2019.
Let the good times roll, and read on for our complete guide to the 72nd Annual Maine Lobster Festival. Don’t forget to check out our Things to Do in Maine page to find more recommendations for Maine’s best summer activities!
Your Freshest Guide to the Maine Lobster Festival
What on the Menu?
As you may have guessed, lobster is the star of the show at the Maine Lobster Festival! However, that isn’t all you’ll find on the menu.
Make the most of your foodie excursion by arriving early and coming hungry. You can start your morning with an all-you-can-eat breakfast, featuring pancakes made with fresh-picked blueberries, smoked sausage, juice, coffee, and milk. From Thursday through Sunday, breakfast is served until 10:00 a.m.
The Maine Course
A day of celebrating will work up an appetite, and the dinner options at the festival guarantee to satisfy your hunger. In 2018, more than 19,000 pounds of fresh-caught Maine lobster were cooked and served. Steamed and fresh clams, fried Maine shrimp, shrimp cocktail, and steamed mussels are also available. You also need to get a taste of the best blueberry cobbler in the state, so save room for dessert!
Let the Good Times Roll with These Single Day Events
A variety of one-day-only events take place during this five-day lobster festival.
- Craft beer and wine enthusiasts don’t want to miss the Steins & Vines tasting event on Thursday, August 1.
- If you want to incorporate some exercise into your festival experience, sign up for the 10k and 5k races. The Road Race, Fun Run, and Walk takes place on Sunday, August 4.
- Ameuter chefs, you butter not miss the seafood cooking contest. Your recipe must include seafood found in Maine waters. If you wish to compete, you must submit an application by July 15.
Tips for Your Trip
- Save money by attending the festival on opening day. The 2019 event kicks off on Wednesday, July 31 with $1 tickets for adults. Tickets are $8 each from Thursday, August 1 through Saturday, August 3.
- The information above is only the beginning of what the festival offers. View the 2019 festival schedule for more information on special events.
Come for the Lobster, Stay for the Summer
After a fun-filled day at the Maine Lobster Festival, unwind for the evening at Grey Havens Inn. Our historic, oceanfront inn is perched high on a bluff with spectacular ocean views. There isn’t a better place for an authentic Maine getaway!
When you choose any of our lovely rooms, like The Ocean Room, you can always look forward to the best amenities, vacation packages, and top-notch service. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, dinner at our award-winning restaurant, and proximity to the best activities on the Maine coast.
If you are ready to plan your summer getaway, browse our oceanfront accommodations and book your stay today. We can’t wait to host you at Grey Havens Inn!