Availability, Rates and Reservations
- Check availability and reserve online anytime – the system is always completely current and provides our best rates. You will not find Grey Havens Inn on any online Travel Agent site (OTAs). We want to be sure that your experience at Grey Havens, from booking through your stay, is nothing short of perfect, so we believe the only way to ensure a great experience is provide our guests with direct access to us.
- If you are attending a private event, the rooms at the inn are reserved as a block, please contact us to complete your reservation.
- Room rates are for double occupancy and are subject to Maine lodging tax, currently 9%.
- All of our guest rooms have one bed (queen or king) and accommodate a maximum of two people. No extra guests are allowed beyond stated capacity, except the Reid Room which can accommodate 3 people. More information on occupancy is below.
- Room rates always include breakfast. The stunning view is complimentary!
Minimum Stay Requirements
Typically weekends and peak periods have minimum stay requirements. However, we can occasionally accommodate shorter stays in between other reservations, or if there is a last-minute cancellation. Please feel free to contact us at 207 371 2616 to inquire.
Reservation Deposits & Card on File
Stays of 1 night: a deposit equalling 100% of the cost of the stay (plus 9% lodging tax) per room is charged to guarantee your reservation.
Stays of 2 nights or more: a deposit equal to 50% of the stay (plus 9% lodging tax) per room is charged to guarantee your reservation. For stays booked within twenty-one days of arrival, the full amount of the stay will be collected at the time a reservation is made. The remainder of the amount owing for your stay will be charged to your card within 2 days in advance of your stay so that you can quickly check in and get to relaxing! Note that if you wish to take advantage of the “Worry-Free Bookings” program, 100% prepayment for your reservation is taken by our reservation system.
Visa, Master Card, and American Express are all accepted. All deposits and payments are due in U.S. funds only.
The credit or debit card on file will be used for any damages or additional fees incurred and for any amounts owing in the unlikely event of cancellation.
Except as provided in the cancellation policy herein, deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Any cancellations prior to your stay (regardless of reason for cancellation) will result in forfeiture of your deposit unless we are able to fully re-let your room for the entire booking, in which case your deposit will be refunded minus a 5% processing fee to cover credit card fees.
We welcome our guests between 3:00-6:00 p.m. Early check-ins are permitted only with advance notice and if your room is ready.
While we look forward to meeting every guest upon arrival, should your schedule necessitate a late arrival, please contact us for our easy, self check-in arrangements.
Check out is by 11 a.m. Late check-out may be available with advance notice. Late check-outs without prior permission will be charged $100.00 late check-out fee.
Lost Room Keys
Lost keys will be charged to your account in the amount of $8.00.
Cancellations & Rebooking
As an independently owned and operated inn, we do not overbook our accommodations – each reservation is made for specific dates, room(s), and number of guests, and we are expecting you. Cancellations and changes made with short notice impact us significantly. For this reason, we strictly adhere to our cancellation policy and offer no exceptions.
We understand plans can change and we will do our best to move your reservation or assist with a cancellation. While we have a lenient cancellation policy, we do ask for your assistance in the event you need to change your plans. We do our best to refund deposits and ask that guests give us as much notice of cancellations as possible.
- Any changes to a reservation need to be done 21 days in advance of the first night of the reservation.
- If a reservation is canceled with at least 21 days’ notice, the deposit will be refunded, less a 5% credit card processing fee.
- In the unlikely event that you must cancel the reservation with less than 21 days’ notice, the deposit is nonrefundable, unless we can sell the room to other guests for all the nights of the reservation, in which case we will refund the deposit less the 5% handling fee.
- You are responsible for the entire stay if you fail to show, depart early, or arrive after scheduled dates and you will be charged for the nights specified in your reservation, unless changes are made to your reservation 21 days in advance of the first night of the reservation.
Guests who have concerns about cancellations for any reason, including illness, airline cancellations, inclement weather, etc. are strongly encouraged to purchase travel insurance. One option is here: https://www.insuremytrip.com
Storms/Bad Weather/Flights Cancelled
Although we wish we could, we can’t predict the weather, or what the airlines are going to do. No refunds are given for cancelled flights, harsh or rugged weather of any kind, including thunderstorms, hurricanes, snow, and Nor’easters. We strongly recommend that you purchase trip insurance: https://www.insuremytrip.com
“Worry Free Bookings”
We realize that your vacation time is very precious to you and our main desire is to make you feel right at home during your stay. Unfortunately, unexpected changes do occur. As there are no refunds due to medical or family emergencies, you may wish to take advantage of this program which is offered by our reservations partner, Resnexus:
- “Worry-Free Bookings” is available when booking directly through our reservation system and upgrades your reservation to a refundable booking at a cost of 10% of the booking value. The enhanced refund terms cover a wide set of unforeseen circumstances, and the refunds are administered through our partner, ResNexus. If you, the traveler, cannot attend your booking because of a circumstance listed withing the Worry-Free Terms, you can apply for a 100% refund if you need to cancel your stay within 14 days of check-in or during the stay, and you can apply for up to 30 days afterwards, directly through ResNexus. Learn more about this program: https://worryfreebookings.com/resnexus.html.
- . If you choose not to opt into the “Worry-Free Booking” option, we advise purchasing trip insurance to cover potential losses due to cancelled travel plans. This can be found from any agent or online at www.insuremytrip.com.
Children & Room Occupancy
As a romantic inn offering a retreat from the everyday, our property is not appropriate for children under the age of 12. For weddings, children under 12 are permitted. We invite all of our guests to enjoy and respect our historic inn and the display of unique antiques throughout; Children under 17 should be accompanied by an adult at all times
All rooms have a maximum occupancy of two guests, with the exception of the Reid Room, which can accommodate 3 guests. Please note that the rates for our rooms contemplate 2 guests; children staying with parents at weddings are charged as additional guests to the room. Children aged 17 and under need to share a room with an adult. Roll-away cots and air mattresses are not provided or permitted in guest rooms, except the Reid Room in which one guest-supplied air mattress may be placed.
Please do not arrive to check in with more than 2 people for each room that you have reserved. If you do so, you will be required to reserve additional room(s). If you choose to not reserve additional rooms, and cancel your reservation, then you will be charged for all nights of your reservation. If the inn is full, and there are not any available rooms, and you choose to cancel your reservation, then you will be charged for all nights of your reservation.
We love pets, but not everyone does. For the safety and security of guests, we cannot accommodate animals at the Inn. Registered service dogs (miniature horses are too large for our historic property) with service papers, leashes, and service vests are of course welcome; please let us know ahead of time if you are bringing a service dog. Note that comfort animals are not considered service animals.
By law, no smoking is permitted on the inn’s property. This includes cigars, cigarettes, e-cigarettes and marijuana. Inn property is defined as ALL outdoor public spaces including: parking lot, the grounds, dock, and porches, both public and those part of a guest room.
If you choose to not follow this policy, and smoke in your guest room, your credit card will be charged a cleaning fee of $300, to cover deep cleaning costs. Additionally, if it is determined that the room cannot be rented to another guest you will also be charged for all nights that the room is out of service.
If you lose your room key, and don’t return it when you check out, your credit card will be charged $8.00 for replacement costs.
Our inn has a full liquor license, which means that it is illegal for guests to bring their own alcoholic beverages into our common areas, our porch, and grounds. You may, of course, enjoy these in the privacy of your own room. We have a lovely, curated list of wine, bubbles, and craft beers available for purchase. We are happy love to serve you.
Accessibility Policy – You can learn more about our accessibility for differently abled guests here.
Website Accessibility Policy – You can learn more about our website accessibility policy here.
Check our availability and book today! We look forward to having you.